Monday, August 18, 2014

Monday Message: August 18, 2014

This week has been pretty crazy, slow, and tiring. Elder Brown had to do some visa things this week so he was gone on wednesday from 6:30 am to 4:00 pm and then on thursday from 4:30 am to 4:00 pm. which means that i had to wake up at 5:30 and then 3:30 both days so that he was ready to go! then on wednesday i stayed with Elder Laufette because he was sick and Elder Hendry had to go with Elder Brown. and on thursday i worked here in New Amsterdam with Elder Palavi. We are still working hard at reaching our 10 baptism goal, but every time it comes to the week of the baptism the people bail out and we are having a real struggle finding out their concerns! I caught myself wondering if our goal was really by the spirit but than i changed my mindset because we know that if we dont have Faith than God cannot do any Miracles (Ether 12:12). So we are working really hard to find their concerns and to help them have a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon, because once they know that than nothing will stop them from accepting the Gospel and then Baptism!
So i had a great testimony builder yesterday! And i have had many but the one yesterday really made me think a lot about myself and it made me do a little self examination and soul searching!  We met a lady who is seventh-day adventist. And we know that they usually like to fight with us and use the objections of the Ten commandments mainly the 4th to keep the sabbath day holy! so we were answering her questions and usually when someone is bashing with me i just bear my testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith ( usually after i have to stop my self from getting angry and bible bashing with them!). so i did and i told this lady that  " I Know the book of mormon to be true because i have prayed and fasted and pondered and studied it over and over. So I KNOW IT TO BE TRUE!" and then she did something that made me truly think.and it wasnt anything big but she asked me " Do you really know that?" i said "YES" and she said "are you positive?" i said "YES" and then she said " Really? truly?" and i said "YES" but after the lesson when i took a minute to reflect i asked my self those questions again. and thought what if i couldnt answer  those? what if i really didnt have a testimony? and i thought for a long time. I am grateful for the testimony that i have gained about the BOM, and for the witness that God has given to me! and i am grateful that i was able to look Her in the Eye and say " I KNOW IT IS TRUE WITH ALL OF MY HEART" i am also grateful that i listened to the spirit and didnt get into a bible bash with her because we all know that that leads to no where and it just drives the spirit away! and i hate when the spirit isnt there it makes me feel uncomfortable!
So this coming week we have a planned baptism. we actually had 5 but 4 didnt come to church and 1 of the 4 is still struggling with a small word of wisdom problem! but we are super excited for the 1 his name is Romario Peters and he is 15. he is awesome and will be a great priesthood holder and young man to strengthen the branch! our little branch is growing and we are working with a lot of the less actives and they are starting the process of reactivity in the gospel! we are so happy for them and they are such amazing people! i love it here and i love the gospel.
I hope that you have a great week and to hear from you soon! Please be smart and safe!
Love your Elder
Elder Woodruff

No comments:

Post a Comment