Friday, August 1, 2014

Monday Message: July 28, 2014

I am writting this letter at the end of a very long and tiring week of hard work! this has been one of the longest, hardest, yet rewarding as well as tiring weeks of my mission! i spent plenty of sleepless nights waking up and sitting in my hammock to just ponder about my life and mission right now! who knew that at this point of my mission i would have been through the fiery trials (as president mehr put it) that i have at this age! he spoke to me and told me that he was proud of me and how i am able to handle adversity! he says that i am the youngest person that he has seen go through so much stuff in such a short time and still be able to smile through it and move on!! i told him that there are plenty of people out there that are younger and have gone through more than me! i truly am grateful for the trials that i have been through because they have turned me into the person that i am and that i am becoming! of course it hasnt been the easiest road and yes there has been tears and prayers offered up! i know that is the only reason that i am still out here because without the love of the lord and president mehr i will be honest i wouldve come home a long time ago and been doing something that wouldnt benifet anyone like the mission is! i am grateful for your support! i have also reflected on the story of Job lately and it has reminded me that my trials are nothing so why complain! It will all work out and be worth the struggle!
So this week we had 1 more baptism and 2 confirmed! that makes 4 in all the last two weeks and we are happy for all of them they truly have the desire to learn and follow Jesus Christ. also this week we have been finding many more that are prepaired to hear the word and they are preparing for baptism! i am so happy for them and i love teaching all of them! they are what keep me going and sharing the good word! this week at Zone Conference i learned so much about how to use the Book Of Mormon more in my teaching which i think will better my teaching skills as well! i always love zone conference because the spirit is so strong and is able to teach and touch your heart! we have been working really hard with the members in our area as well and we are seeing much success in having them help us! I love this work! 
other than that we have been riding alot on the bikes and it seems like every other day i have to fix something on them! they suck! the other day i had to replace the tube on the back tire of mine and then the very next day what happens? The dang front one pops on me as i am going down the road! i was pretty far from my appartment to so i rode all the way back to it on a flat tire! it was not fun at all! so that was basically my week! i know that you are all cheering me on! and i am doing better! thanks for the support it is much apprieciated! I LOVE YOU!!!! and dont forget it! have a great week!
Love your elder!
Elder Nathanial Woodruff

No comments:

Post a Comment