Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday Message: November 24, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving to all haha. i almost forgot about the whole holiday can you believe that? All up untill yesterday when Sis. Kirton told me that the turkeys were out in the back yard at home. i am so glad that i have someone who can give me updates through out the week it is great! The weeks have really started to speed up sometimes i dont even remember what day it is and then all of the sudden it is monday again! I am feeling a lot better than i was last week and the pain has gone away from my chest. everybody is a big help to me and i can see that they really care for me. Pres Mehr even has given me tips on what to do haha!

So I have a sweet experience that im not sure anyone else really caught but the spirit really touched me when we had our last branch counsel! So Pres. Kirton asked us ( me) to teach something to the Leaders of the branch so we chose to teach about becoming a self reliant branch and so we will work towards not having to use out of area tithes and offerings to run the branch. im not going to lie we have a ways to go but it is a goal and it is possible. But as we were teaching many of the leaders were telling us as missionaries about how we havent done our job and we havent helped them. This usually makes me upset and i have learned to hold it in ( really practicing humility haha) but this time i had to be bold and told the members that we are only here to help them do the Job that is really theirs and we are going to do everything possible to benifet the branch but that means that they must help too. i was told that i was wrong and we havent done our job but i just taught a little doctrine and then closed the lesson. then i didnt think much of it anymore and i wasnt expecting any apology or response, but then Sister Kirton stood up for us. She said (in my words because i cant speak the guyanese slang as good and you wouldnt understand) These missionaries are doing a great job. we have seen a low and now are seeing the high of attendance but we cant blame it on them it is blamed on us. as members we havent really done our part. Before ishe said she never realized how hard the mission is. but since her daughter has been out and she gets the letters of discouragement and hard ship but also the letters of happiness and success it has really changed her outlook on things. she said it is hard for these two to be here and we arent making it easier for them inless we help them. she almost started to cry i think and so did I! I am so grateful for her wonderful testimony and also her husbands. they are the so great and will always have a place in my heart. I do love this Gospel and i continue to learn everyday! i will never stop learning or reach a point that i know everything there is to know. everybody can learn and continue to learn. please study and pray. I love you so much and please be safe this week. i will do the same! 

I LOVE YOU!!!

love 

Elder Woodruff

No comments:

Post a Comment