Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Monday Message: April 13, 2015

So I have totally been slacking on this blog. I wanted it to be more than just copying and pasting his emails so this is my attempt to do better!

While talking back and forth yesterday I asked about his new companion,  Elder Pollard. He said they get along fine. They tend to keep to themselves and stay out of the way of each other which is probably a nice change from the last companion. He said he was able to go and visit the Kirton's for a little bit which he loved because he said it's the closest thing to family there. I'm glad they take such good care of him and love him like we do! I haven't taken any pictures off Dropbox yet but will do that later this week. Until then here is the email.

Wow well this week has been such a busy one. I arrived in guyana on wednesday at around 3 pm. then went to the office and then to my area which is over the river. You would think that it would be a city but it reminds me a lot of New Amsterdam. It is spread out pretty far but it is a nice area. I love it already and i love the people. I have got to meet a few of them and the Branch is a decent size! We have a huge chapel though. i honestly think it is bigger than the one back at home! i will get a picture and show you! 

The thing of the week is that elder pollard actually grew up in guyana so his parents then moved to tortola. but his brother lives in georgetown. so he had a baby and his whole family got the permission of pres mehr. and came to our branch and elder pollard got to bless the baby. it was cool but also weird to know that he was able to see his family. they were really sweet and had to take a picture with me because i was the prophets relative haha.

other than that my week was normal as usual i stopped by the Kirton family to say hi today and that was the best ever. Sorry it is short this week. hope that you have a great week> i love you!

Love 

Elder Woodruff!

No comments:

Post a Comment