Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Monday Message: April 7, 2015

Wow can you believe it has been another transfer already, because I cant. this has really flew by and now I only have 4 of them left. I will be transferred tomorrow to Guyana back to my homeland ha. Only this time I will be in the Georgetown area in a place called La Grange. I do have to say that I have Truly Loved every minute (thick and thin) here in Barbados and I am really sad I have to leave. I will be honest I almost was crying when I found out and since them I have cried at least once ha. DONT JUDGE! I guess when I told president Mehr that I would go back at anytime he took it in to thought quickly and Im headed back!! I know I will love it there because I love Guyana so much!

  So this story that I am going to tell you next may scare you and make my momma really worry but you don't need to because I am fine. It is something that I laugh at now even though for a time I was hyped up on adrenaline!

  So on Tuesday night we were walking home on a road that we walk all the time but we were running a little bit late because of the buses. So I had started to make phone calls to the other missionaries when we heard a loud "POP POP" then elder ort asked if it was gun shots but it didn't register to me that it was so I kept walking and then another "POP POP PPPPOP POP" came and yup it was gun shots. elder ort took off running and I waited a second then all of the sudden a young man came running around the corner running for his life. You could just see it In his eyes. So then I started to run but I quickly realized that I was behind this kid running and if someone was shooting at him I didn't want to be behind him so I cut off to the right and elder ort was on the left hiding. We waited a few minutes and met back on the road and then a really suspicious man walked between us and he was definitely holding something hiding in his hands and later people described him as the shooter. we were definitely watched over. We quickly said a prayer and went home back the way it had happened. but it was fine. When it was passed over we asked what happened and the man was mad at a boy and shot him in the Foot. Can you just say I love my mission and all the fun exciting experiences I get to see!

( MOM DONT BE SCARED OK HA:) )

 Conference was by far my favorite. I truly felt like many of the talks were very personal to me and it really answered many of my prayers! Even though half of them also made me way to trunky with all this marriage talk but they still had good insights for my mission as well. I have never felt like something was so directed towards me yet! I love the prophet and all the leaders of the church. Next conference I will be at home to watch in my pj's finally haha! Cant wait.

Well that was my eventful week hope you enjoyed it with me I love it. I LOVE YOU! hope to hear from you soon and have a great and safe week!

Love

Elder Woodruff

No comments:

Post a Comment