Monday, November 18, 2013

Week #6

So this week has been the best week so far! I found out I am in st maarten for at least 6 more weeks and that I am so excited. The thing is that we get two brand new missionaries here so I am not the “GREENIE” any more haha! We also got the new senior couple the Thompsons this week and they are so nice and will be great! The only problem is that they took our car until the Wrights leave in December and we have to walk everywhere! But its all good because that means I can lose some weight and gain muscle so I don’t have any fat! But my legs are so sore and tired but it makes me feel like I am a real missionary now haha!  But this week has been good because on Wednesday it was like the switch flipped and everything was ok and I knew that everything would be taken care of at home as long as I was doing my best here and that the way would be provided for me! I have really gained a trust in the Lord and put everything I have in his hands. I know everything will be ok at home and that things will work out how we want! So this week on Wednesday I also had a great experience! I got to give a priesthood blessing and it was amazing how the spirit works. I don’t know  how good the blessing was but I know that god accepted it and that it will be a good help. I love that experience! So I found a talk by D. Todd Christofferson “as many as I love, I rebuke and chasten” it is my favorite talk and It has helped me so much to know how God works and it has strengthened me so much! Also this Sunday was the primary program. And I remember when I was at home that I hated this time when it was the program because it was boring. But I llearned a great lesson this week that we can learn so much from the simple truths that they tell us. They also sang “ a childs prayer” which is my favorite! And in the end the congregation joined in and the spirit touched me so strong that I started to cry! I couldn’t stop which was bad because missionaries don’t cry! But I knew it was because the spirit was there and I loved that feeling! I love the spirit and this gospel. Also this week we had 2 investigators come to church and I was so happy it was so great! They are progressing well and hopefully have a baptism coming up real soon. The work is coming along great and I love it. I love the mission! So we finished watching all of the dvds that we had in our apartment that are approved. So guess what we started to watch? You guessed it conferences haha! Yes I love them. Even though I never liked conference before. I never knew what I was missing I love it now. This is the best thing in the world! I learn a lot even from the ones way back in 2009 and before its so great. I know you probably think wow he is just realizing this but yes I am and its funny that I am entertained and can laugh from watching conference but it is great haha! Well that was my week I hope to hear from you soon and get letters. I love you so much and want you to never forget that!!!! I LOVE YOU !!!!!! thanks for all of the support. I love you!
Love always your elder
Elder woodruff
PS I love you and I will never stop to love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment