Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Monday Message: February 3, 2014

So this week has been good. i guess i cant complain about anything that happened and we taught a lot of people this week! and i even survived another exchange. im not going to lie that is probably the worst part about transfers and im not really sure why! i think it might be because i dont do to well with change and it is such a quick change and i have to have a new companion for the day and to me im not the one who adapts quickly as you probably know it takes me a little to get used to things. but other than the initial stress it was actually a good exchange. it was me, Elder Abankie, and Elder Ehlert and i think we had a good day. even though we didnt have the truck and we had to choose the day that it rains the hardest to walk everywhere with out the umbrellas because we left them all in the truck!!! lets just say that when i got home that night i could still wring water out of all my clothes even my shoes! but it was probably one of the funnest experiences ive had so far and it made me feel like i was a missionary and was able to do anything for the lord even walk through the pouring rain to spread his word! So this week is a special week for me! not only for me but for everyone who is involved! Bernadette AND Stieng are both being baptized on saturday along with one of the sisters investigators! I am so happy for them all and there decision. and i am so greatful for Bernadette. She has asked me to do the Baptism for her and she even wants it done in the Ocean! which is a double bonus for me! and with Steing it is a happy day as well because he told us on sunday that he wanted to be baptized this week and we looked at all the things we taught him and the way that he has truly shown he is ready to be baptized this week by his actions and the things that he has been doing so we talked and prayed about it and got the feeling that he is ready to be baptized and he is so excited as well! i am so happy for them and it reminds me of my favorite scripture in Alma 29:9 that my joy is full not because of me but because of them and the help that God has given me to be an instrument to help them and to really lose myself in the work and worry about their needs and not my own comforts or luxuries!! i truly do t\love it here and i love doing the things that God asks me to do. even though somedays it is the hardest thing i have ever done but it is the most rewarding as well!( even more rewarding than sports and that is saying something). I love God, and his Son, i love doing his work and i can see his hand in all we are doing! things can be hard but i know they will get better! i am happy to say things are getting easier and i am so greatful for all of your support!! I LOVE YOU!! and i hope to hear from you soon! have a great week and i will talk to you next week! i love you so much! never forget that!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!
Love your Elder
Elder Woodruff

No comments:

Post a Comment