Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday Message: February 2, 2015

So this week has been a long and trunky one. But then again it was somewhat fast because i ended up sleeping through most of it.
This week i had the visit from patti and her friends and i loved it. even though she came up and embarrassed me by giving my a huge hug and yelling Nate at the top of her lungs. In the middle of a square might i add! haha it was so nice to get things from home though! After that i had to catch a bus back and teach District meeting which was pretty good.
But that is where the Week went bad starting on wednesday morning. Elder Ort got a phone call from home that said one of his good friends passed away. And we know that is never a welcomed or happy thing for anyone especially a missionary. And to add to it I woke up with a little cold. We then went to shadow the sisters for a little bit of the day but ended up coming home at lunch and i spent a lot of time at home over the next 3 days.
On thursday i spent the morning asleep and then tried to go out but it hit even harder and sent me home early to take some niquil and go to bed. As for friday i stayed in my bed and near the toilet all day long. I think that my cold was actually the flu and it hit me the hardest out of all the other missionaries that had it. I still have it today and it has come back with all the aches and pains this time! I havent been so sick for a long time and almost never on my mission. I mean i have had a little cold here and there but was always able to work through it but this one made me bed ridden for a bit. it was the worst thing in the whole world. i didnt even have time to prepair any lesson for District meeting or anything because i just slept the whole time!I am doing a little better and i know that through out the week i will return to normal.
I just want to thank you so much for all the prayers and love you send my way. it is much needed each and everyday. I will say missionary work is not easy but it is so worth it. Wilford Woodruff once said on the topic of Obedience "Obedience Is never an easy task, but it is worth it". I just want you to know that i love this gospel and all that it teaches us. it is so important to accept it but yet nnot many do and it breaks my heart. at times me and Elder Ort catch our selves getting mad at people for not accepting and we wish they would just realize how much they need it in their lives. But in reality that is why we all have Agency. But we just pray and hope they accept soon. I love you and hope that you have a great week. Please be safe. I LOVE YOU!!!
Love
Elder Nathanial Woodruff!

PS less than 8 months haha not trunky at all:) love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment