Thursday, February 26, 2015

Monday Message: February 23, 2015

What a week of total caos! Most missionaries can probably back me up
on the saying that transfer week is so crazy and sometimes stressful.
It use to never be this bad for me but now i have to still worry about
everyone elses area i have to make sure it is still getting worked and
that mine still is doing good it is so crazy!
We did get our transfer call on saturday and Elder Ort is staying with
me for another six weeks! Elder Barlow is being transfered to my
starting area in st maarten and i am pretty jealous ha. I was showing
him pictures of the people and it made me miss them so much! I still
am amazed that i was able and still am able to love people and get to
know them so fast! i am sure not the same Shy Elder Woodruff that
entered the MTC 17 months ago. I love talking to people and it is so
fun. I make it my goal everyday to get people to laugh and loosen
up.This world is full of people who are so busy they dont see the sun
shine or they dont realize the little things in our lives. it always
reminds me of president uctdorfs talk about the "Forget me Not".
In my transfer call however i was told that they are going to combine
the Christ Church and Oistens Districts and now i am the District
leader over 11 Missionaries instead of just 5. I will be on the phone
for ages now at night haha! And also i will have to go on a lot more
Trade offs with the missionaries. But the good side of everything is
that i will be getting a car to drive and it will make is so much
easier to get around from the different areas!
Other than that it has been a crazy week just getting everyone where
they need to be and getting the areas ready for the new missionaries
coming in and also i believe that this week will be pretty hectic as
well.
I do have to say that Barbados is beginning to grow on me and that
this new change of the missionaries will help pick it up and give it
the energy to do the work. i am excited to be the District Leader and
to see how well we can prepare the Island for the upcoming mission
split that happens in 5 months. It is such a beautiful island and even
though the people can be difficult at times there is still many that
are so nice and sweet to us! i love it here and i need to keep that
attitude because i will probably have two more transfers here. I
expect to stay here for at least 6 months because after this when
elder orts visa to suriname comes in he will leave and i will stay!
Well have a fun week and stay warm!!! I love you and please be safe! i
will talk to you next week!
Love
Elder Woodruff

No comments:

Post a Comment