Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday Message: March 30, 2015

So this week I guess I will try to fill you in a little bit more on the week because of some complaints I have received! :) haha. It is finally come and gone for my first 18 months and the funnest thing I get to do now is point out all of the planes that go by and yell 6 MONTHS BABY!! haha I love it. I hope I don't make anyone mad when I do it though. I am one of the older missionaries here in Barbados right now but I still feel like the youngest it is so weird.

  So this week was an interesting one. we had a little run in with a members son and he was not happy with us at all for some reason. we don't know why but he just started yelling and as we tried to shake his hand and just talk with him. he told us he was going to call the police and charge us. So who knows what came over him. We tried not to get upset but sometimes it gets out of our grasp. but we are ok and no harm done. I have never had someone so mad at me before though and it was definitely a first for me.

  We also have a cool story about a boy named Khalil. he was baptized almost 1 year now and he is back and forth between activity. but lately we have really been working with him and I have seen a huge change in him. Even his non member family see the change and his mom wants to come to church to see what is making him change. We hope to start to teach her as well. He comes out teaching with us most days now and he participates. last night he told a man that was praising us for how young we were and he said ya and im only 14 and love to share the gospel. he is the best. He has also accepted a challenge to read the BOM by next Tuesday and we promised to buy him lunch. he started to read immediately!

Other than that my week was plain. i still have the cold a little bit and it has been pretty tough to get over. But i am good and happy and trying my  best to stay healthy haha! if that is even possible. Also this week is the week that we get transfer calls and we are 99.9 % sure that Elder Ort is leaving to suriname so i am trying to see and guess who my new companion is going to be haha. We will see what happens in a week and what happens in preperation for the mission split. 
Well that was the week haha. sorry it was slow but i hope that you have a great week and i hope to hear from you soon! I love you!

Love

Elder Woodruff

No comments:

Post a Comment