Friday, July 31, 2015

Monday Message: July 27, 2015

Well this week seems to have flown by. We had a lot of the same rain that has been happening lately and at times it became pretty distructive. can you imagine how unmotivated you can feel when you wake up in the morning to pouring rain just to know that you have to go out and walk in it all day long? 

 But we still saw some successes this week. we had brother narine come teaching the boys who are preparing for baptism and it went really well. then we went over to the beharry family to help sarah with institute homework and boy that really motivated me not to miss any days cause that make up work is really hard now. But we had a great discussion about the questions and i really could feel the spirit so strongly! I just remember that i never had any conversation about the gospel that felt that good as the one we had last night i didnt want to leave i just wanted to stay and keep working on it but the time ran out and we had to get home. Who would have thought that little old Nate woodruff would be sitting in a strangers living room thousands of miles away from home and be able to teach them about something that he thought he knew very little about! you could say that that is a life changing feeling. I came home and looked at myself in the mirror and i didnt see me i saw someone who looks like me but feels so much different than before

I guess i didnt realize it untill now but im not the normal me as when i left. i was reading about the plan for RMS and i read when it says some parents want there son or daughter to come home and get back to the NORMAL them as fast as possible but it says that if we were NORMAL before our missions we should be ABNORMAL the rest of our lives. What is the point of a mission if we come home and do the same little mistakes and things we did before we left. The mission isnt just to help others it is to help us as well. I can go out and help people change but that isnt me its the spirit but they change themself what i am really doing out here is changing ME and it just so happens that others are changed along the way!. 

Wow i bet that caught you off guard cause it did me! But that was my week. I hope this week gets even better and i hope you have a safe week. I Love You!!

Love 

Elder Nathanial Woodruff

No comments:

Post a Comment