Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday Message: December 16, 2013

This week was a good week! It wasn’t the best for the numbers side of our work but when we got a lesson it was amazing! We have a lot of great people and they are starting to fall in love with the gospel and to follow what god asks of them it is so good to see! But I will start with Tuesday and with what a hard day it was for us to have a lesson. EVERYTHING that we had planned fell through and we spent the whole day just searching and we got no where it was really different to go the day with out getting anywhere! We did have two small lessons but nothing that was anything special! But the work is getting better. On Thursday we saw a lady named bernedette and she is someone we have been teaching for a while now and before she wasn’t really to interested and she told us that she would go to any church that she could get a ride to. She only gets 1 Sunday off a month though. But the other night she told us that she knew the Book of Mormon was true but wasn’t quite sure it joseph smith was a prophet and we told her that if she knew the BOM was true than she already had a testimony that he was a prophet and when she realized that she lit up and had a huge smile on her face and said that she guessed she did have that feeling as well. She told us that on her Sunday off she was coming to our church and nothing would stop her. It was so great and I know that was the work of God and the Holy Ghost! So on Friday we have a crazy day we waited at the airport for the sisters and elder laufatte for 3 hours and then when they got back there bags got lost it was such a weird night and I feel bad for them but I guess that is the joys of this mission! Then Saturday I had a great experience and I met a guy with my same name it was weird to say “hey nate” haha but it was good we helped him paint while we taught him the message of the restoration. It was great but there was also a weird experience that I wont soon forget. As we were painting we saw this cat running full speed and it ran right past us so we watched it! And as soon as it got past us it took a left right into the road and just in time for a passing truck to hit it and it was not a pretty sight!!! It was kind of sad and a really weird feeling at the same time! I guess that was its 9th life haha! I don’t even know how to explain it!! But this week has been quite the interesting week and I realized this week that I am truly blessed! I mean not very many people get to say they get to serve the lord full time and live on such beautiful islands at the same time. I love it here and know that this is where I am suppose to be and as long as I trust the lord and lean not unto my own understanding he will guide me and keep everything in order for me back at home and that there is no worries! I am really greatful for this opportunity and I love it!!! Thanks for all you do for me and the support that you give me! I love you! you dont know how much you mean to me and i can never say i love you enough! and i will never be able to express all the love i have for you!! i love you so much!!!

                Love

                Elder Woodruff

No comments:

Post a Comment