Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Monday Message: September 1, 2014

Well this week has been good! we had the baptism of Bryan Linde on Thursday and Sonia Bhisundial on Saturday and they were both confirmed yesterday. That was a great success for us this week. But we had a struggle at meeting with some of the other investigators this week and so we had a bit of a slow week. That is the past though and we have good plans and goals set for this week so it will get us right back on tract and hopefully we can have another baptism of a little girl named chavanie. we have been working with chavanie for awhile now and we were just waiting for her mothers permission, and she finally said we could this week! Her mom is an investigator as well that we have been working with, but she is waiting for her birth certificate to come from the lawyer so that she can be legally married and then baptized!
I also got to go to a Hindu Wedding yesterday. some of the members took us and it was so fun! all the people were wearing their saries and the men the indian wear. i love this culture and all the things i am able to experience! the people are also so nice to us and we had so much food given to us. we got to eat the 7 curry out of a leaf and with our hands it was so fun! and i was so stuffed afterwards haha! i am now beginning to love any food i get because everyone feeds us and if i dont eat they get offended so i love food haha!
I had a little bit of a scare for me this week though. idk if i should say because it really isnt anything big so dont worry. but the place where i got my shingles on my chest well it scared so you can still see where it is but one night i came home and felt a pain right there and looked at it and i honestly thought i had shingles again! but it was a false alarm and just a pimple so i am fine and healthy. the only problem is that people say the mosquitos like my face because i have a lot of zits and marks from the hear but other than that i am great and doing well.
i am coming up on my year mark! and it is so crazy! just yesterday i left and now i am halfway through! i am about to complete the D&C just like my goal was to before my year! then i will start on the New testiment and i should finish that just before my 18 month mark! my goal is not just to read them to read though i want to take this time that i have to study and to really get things out of it so that is what i am doing! i mark like crazy and try to memorize things that will not only help me here in the mission but also in real life when i get home!
I hope that you have a great week and that you are safe and dont do anything stupid!! i will do the same! I love you!!! and have a wonderful week:)
Love
Elder Woodruff

No comments:

Post a Comment