Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday Message: September 8, 2014

This week has been full of different surprises! I am happy to stay here in New Amsterdam and to be able to lead the area. but i am sad that Elder Brown has to leave. i loved working with him and he is such a great missionary i know he will do great as a Zone Leader. I am a little worried about leading the area but i know that i can do it with the help of the Lord. I just hope that i can live up to Elder Brown and help the people as much as he has! i have learned so much from him and he has made me grow and become a better missionary . I am who i am today because of him!
A success that we had this week was a boy named Ronaldo Adams. he is 17 and is really prepared to hear the Gospel and to change his life. he has a baptismal date for the 27th of September. We are also teaching a group of kids and their mom/Aunt who have all accepted baptism for the 20th of september and they are preparing. they are great and really understand and ask questions! the only problem is that with them all together it sometimes has small distractions that we have to keep under control. I am excited to be able to work with Elder Mitchell. I have been praying and pondering about a baptismal date Goal for this transfer and i will pray for it with Elder Mitchell as well but i feel like the lord has accepted a Goal of 7 this transfer! i am going to do all that i can in my power to help our investigators gain the testimony of the Book of Mormon and then i know that everything will fall into place! Lately i have been doing extra study from the Doctrine and Covenants and i have learned so much! Elder Brown has taught me how to improve my studies so much!
So i am doing great and i am happy! i have truly come to love the Book of Mormon so much and it is a huge tool in my life! i was just thinking to myself today at the life that i have a head of me and what i have already accomplishes in the year that i have been out. i have definately had my good days and my BAD days. and it has been quite the roller coaster ride in the past year. but looking back at it it has changed my life and attitude toward life completely! i remember the nights that i layed awake just wondering if i wanted to serve and the nights that i dropped sleep so fast because i was certain i would serve. now i have nights here when i lay awake wondering what more can i do and nights that i am so tired i can barely change close before falling asleep. i can tell you that the mission is the most rewarding yet challenging thing in my life. some days i wish i could be here for the rest of my life and not worry about anything but the Lords work, and other days i wish i could be home and start a real life and go to school. yes i miss school crazy right. you might want to save that so i will remember i said it haha;) i just dont know what school i want to go to i am thinking of probably UVU but who knows? that is what scares me is having to choose! but i came across a scripture that settled my mind and really taught me a lesson that i wont forget i hope. Its found in The Words of Christ when he appeared in the America's in 3 Nephi 13:33-34 " 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient is the day unto the evil thereof." i just realized that if i focus on today and on serving the Lord he will take care of tomorrow for me and everything will work out for me and fall in to place. therefore trust in the Lord and he will direct our paths! i hope that you have a great week and that everything goes well. I LOVE YOU!!! please be safe and happy!
Love
Elder Woodruff

No comments:

Post a Comment