Friday, September 19, 2014

Monday Message: September 15, 2014

This week has been a good week but also a scrambled week! With Elder Brown leaving and Elder Mitchell arriving i have been trying to juggle everything and make sure that we dont leave out any of our investigators and that we make the transition as smooth as possible. i believe that Elder Mitchell and I are beginning to work together pretty good and we are learning to teach in unity! This past couple of days i have learned a lot about myself and about how much i actually understand about the gospel! Everything is starting to work together in my mind so that i can link the doctrines together. i have been working really hard to learn and better my teaching skills and it is beginning to help a lot!
One success that we had this week is the baptism of Shivanie Harracheran. She is the daughter of one of or investigators named Riya. Riya is waiting for her birth certificate to be married and she is also planning on being baptized! i am so happy to have been apart of shivanie's teaching and we are going to continue to help her and her family to live the gospel.
Other than that my week has been good and hard. with learning to live with a new person and having to adjust, To dealing with a sore back that i hurt while moving an investigator to a new house! who knew that i would be able to carry a whole stove by myself up some stairs haha:) i am fine though and doing great.
Being a senior companion is a big change though! it has helped me and scared me as well i just hope that i can be a good example and leader and then soon it will all pay off. i do feel like i have grown so much even in the past week and i hope that i continue to grow even more over the next transfer! the only thing is getting used to serving around a non american again because of the different cultures but it will be good and we will get along good. it is improving day by day!
I hope that you have a great week and sorry it is a short one this week i dont have much to say! but will have more next week! just remember Moroni 10:32 my favorite scripture right now! I LOVE YOU!!!! Be safe!
Love your Elder
Elder Woodruff

No comments:

Post a Comment