Monday, October 7, 2013

Homesick

His first few days at the MTC was hard. He said he was really homesick which is only reasonable considering he has never been away from home. 

September 30, 2013
"Thank you so much for the package! You really don't need to send packages, I don't eat the candy! Haha and no one else really does because we are too busy. So it's been rough here but letters really help. If I could get letters I would want them more than anything. I do miss home and it's been a hard transition for me but I know that if I endure to the end that I and the whole family will be blessed. I have spent a lot of time thinking and praying that things will get easier and that I will be able to understand what to do and why I am really here. Converting myself fully is my first job I have to do. I am trying to put my full trust in the Lord and have faith in him. Then I know I can help others. I love you all and hope to hear from you soon."

That is never an easy thing to hear. However, the next few letters that my mom received he seemed to be doing much better. He said that the saying "you just have to make it to Sunday" is so true. He said he had many spiritual experiences that day and that he felt a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment