Monday, October 14, 2013

The Hardest Week

Today was Nate's P-Day. As I was emailing with him back and forth he mentioned that he is very homesick. He is keeping his spirits up though and knows what he is doing is right. He said he lived off Ramen Noodles the last week but they finally had a chance to go grocery shopping today. Luckily his companion knows how to cook! ;) Here is the email he sent home...

wow can I say what a week. you know how I said that the week in the mtc was the hardest week of my life. well I lied( I know that's bad to do as a missionary) but I didn't know that it could get harder than that. this week has been really been a real trial for me. I have been so homesick. I didn't know any one could get so homesick! I love all of your support though. I Love You. so my companion is elder telga he is from the island of Martinique in the WIM( west indies mission). he speaks French and went to the mtc for English so some times he is hard to understand but we communicate good. when I got to Trinidad and talked to president Mehr he told me about my companion and said " oh it would probably be a good idea to learn French!" so I am trying to learn French. he is 23 and was baptized 2 years ago. he is amazing. the island is beautiful at the beach areas and were the tourist visit. but there is a lot of places that tourist don't see and they can get pretty scary. but I love it here and I love the people they all are so nice even if they don't want us to come back they just make appointments and then never follow up which is kind of frustrating but oh well that's how it is I guess. it is hot here and I sweat so much like a gallon or more a day haha:) ok probably not that much but a lot! I love you! we have another set of elders and a set of sisters as well and one senior couple but they leave in December. we are suppose to get another senior couple soon but they wont know French so we don't know how well they will be able to communicate. but my scariest moment came the other night while we were contacting in an apartment complex. we met a man named tony. tony seemed so excited to see us and so I thought he was ready to resieve the gospel and be baptized! I was completely wrong. he was a Jehovah witness along with his wife. so basically he bible bashed with us for 45 minutes and every time we tried to answer be kept talking so he was talking to himself. then when we went to leave he said not even to pray on our knees that night because it allows satan to grab us. I know that I was basically talking to satan face to face that night. it really helped my testimony though. it testified to me that this is the true gospel on the earth today and that joseph smith is a true prophet of God and was called to do his work. Everything in this gospel is true and if it wasn't the missionaries would have proved it a long time ago. THIS IS THE TRUE GOSPEL OF CHRIST! I know it. so a little bit about the island it is pretty much like the usa. the money is the same. they drive on the same side of the road but there is no speed limit or stop signs. and the music is the same. this is what leads to a lot of the homesickness. but I know of your love and I want you to know that I love you and DONT EVER forget that! thanks for all of your support and I love you.

He loves letters and would love to hear from all of you! His new address is...
 Elder Nathanial Woodruff
ST Maarten
#3 Queen Palm Dr
2nd floor, Cole Bay
St Marteen, N.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment