Monday, October 21, 2013

Week #2

So this week has been somewhat better. I have been studying and praying a lot about the homesickness and I found the scripture D&C 31 and that helped A LOT! So let me tell you about some of our investigators! First there is Kimberly she is 28 and has a daughter she had told us that the day before we showed up her and the daughters father had had a big separation that involved the cops so it was funny that we showed up cause she was looking for something like us in her life. She is so nice and I think she understands and wants to know the truth. I think she will progress really good. It's crazy how God works like that in our lives. The next is 2 sisters Keoma and Keshana they are 28 and 20. We have taught them 2 times and I think Keshana is starting to know the truth but Keoma is stuck on the prophet thing which is hard but we are trying to help her through they are so nice. We have to sit outside their door and they stay inside to teach them though because there is not another male in the house it's the same with Kimberly as well. And a lot of people like that we teach. The next is Steing. He is 22 and he has a strong testimony but he is afraid of what his mom would do if he joined the church. We fasted with him on Friday and within an hour he called us and said "I met the Mormons" he had met a couple that were on there honeymoon and they testified to him of the truth of the gospel and he told them what we had taught him. It was a great experience. Next is Krystal. She was a prog. investigator before I got here. But the problem is that she was living with her boyfriend so she couldn't be baptized. Once we taught her the law of chastity though she knew she had to change so she decided to move out and now she has a baptism date for the 23 of November. We are just praying that she keeps her commitments to be able to be baptized. Next we met a less active member the other day whose name is Bernadette. She is older and didn't really want to talk to us very much at first but we finally broke the ice and she opened up really well she wanted us to teach her about the ranks of authority in the church and draw a pic. Then at the end she asked if we would sing to her "I am a child of god." I'm sure it didn't sound the best but i know the spirit was there.
Then she said the closing prayer and she said thank you for sending these young men at this time that my spirits have been down and allowing me to have peace and joy in my life again. That hit me so hard I know that we were suppose to be there at that exact time for a reason! And don't worry about me eating I eat fine and I'm trying to eat healthier and we work out all the time. I drink a lot of water it is my favorite now because I sweat a lot. But i have lost a lot of weight since i got here. I now weight 112 pounds but i know that I just lost all of the fat I had and I will gain it back in muscle! Don't worry I am still healthy and drink a lot of water. my comp thinks I am a  camel. I am now a pro at ironing shirts because I have to do it every morning no matter what but I can do a shirt in 1 minute or less haha! Pictures are on there way so you can just ask my mom to see them and show you the places. I love you so much. And really the only problem I have is I don't sleep the best so I struggle getting up and going and I wish I could sleep through the whole night for once haha but it should get better. The church here is just a branch and half of the branch is med students that are studying here but its nice and the weather is good except today it has rained more than the first BYU game I ever went to there is 1 1/2 feet of water in the road its crazy. I pray for you each night and morning and always remember that I love you so so so much! NEVER FORGET THAT!!!! I LOVE YOU! I love you!
Love
Elder Woodruff

No comments:

Post a Comment