Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Monday Message: June 23, 2014

Well i have made it to Guyana the land of many waters. and i love it here! it is a third world country of course but it is such a great experience! i have only been here for 5 days but it already feels like home! the only thing that i have to get used to is the good old bucket showers that i have to take and the smell of the trenches but it is great! i feel like i am on a big camping trip! the only thing is i have to dress up everyday ha! i love elder brown already and i know that we are going to have a lot of success together. we have two baptisms set for this saturday and then more in the coming weeks it is really progressing here and i am really happy and excited! 
So this week has been a long week for me but only because of the transfer and everything that went on! i ended up staying at the airport for 5 hours because while it was pouring rain and the senior couple that came to pick us up the husband left with the key to our car and so then we had the other senior couple bring the spare but when they got there they had the wrong spare so then we ended up waiting another 1 1/2 hours for the third senior couple to bring the right key so it was a nice waiting game haha! what a great first impression of guyana right? but it actually reminds me a lot about home minus the third world feel. the feilds and farm animals are just like home. but because we are below sea level it is super wet and muddy here and so there is always standing water on the ground! but it is great! i think that i will love it more and more as time goes on! the only thing that isnt good is i dont have as nice of an appartment like i have before but it is still liveable and nothing is wrong! i am happy and know that everything will be ok! im to blessed to be stressed and tonya always says;) i love you!  i hope that you have a great week and that you are safe! I LOVE YOU!!!I LOVE YOU!!!I LOVE YOU!!!I LOVE YOU!!!I LOVE YOU!!!I LOVE YOU!!!I LOVE YOU!!!I LOVE YOU!!!I LOVE YOU!!!I LOVE YOU!!!I LOVE YOU!!!
Love your Elder 
Elder Woodruff! 
ps my new address is: 
243 cedar courts
lamaha gardens 
Georgetown, Guyana 

just send packages and letters here because idk about the one for new amsterdam. but if it is sent here i will get it sooner or later but it will work!

No comments:

Post a Comment