Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Message: June 30, 2014

Today is a special "Monday Message" because it's Nate's 19th birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELDER WOODRUFF!! We sure love and miss you and are sorry that you are spending your day with the shingles! **Yes if you haven't heard, Nate has the shingles. And since they don't have the chicken pox vaccine there, the mission doctor quarantined him. He is bored out of his mind and we just hope he will get better soon!

Well week two in Guyana is in the books and i have almost spent as many days in the apartment as out of it! i think that Guyana is trying to kill me. it doesnt want me here at all! from the pouring rain the day i got here to the stupid shingles! i never knew that something so little as a small rash that i thought was nothing could turn out to be so painful! i am glad that i decided to call elder smith when i did and to get things figured out! i never knew that having to stay home as a missionary could be so boring. i thought every missionaries wish at some point was to stay home and get a little rest but i tell you what! its not anything that i ever want to do again! i would rather be out in the sun talking to people who want to punch me and spit on me than i would to be stuck in the apartment anylonger that i have to! i dont care if it is hot or raining and i have to walk through a flood. all i want to do is get out of the dang apartment haha!
So i want to thank you for caring so much about me and wishing me a happy birthday it has truly made my whole day so much better even though i have to go back to the apartment to be bored again i know that you love me and that you are praying for me! i love you so much! and i always pray for you!
I have to say that this will be a birthday that i probably will never forget haha! and probably the most painful yet happy one of my life. painful because of the shingles yet happy because of all the love that i have been shown! i truly love you and your support! i hope that you have a great week and please be safe!
So a little about my area! it is in the town of new amsterdam but we focus mostly on the outskirts of town! we have a lot of great people and they are so kind to me! we even had two baptisms on satudrday but i didnt get to go:( but it was great i heard! we have a couple more coming up and i am excited! the people are really accepting the only struggle is trying to help them read but it is giong good! so i am happy and i love Guyana it is great! I LOVE YOU!! and have a great week. i will try to get better and make sure i stay better so you dont hear anymore phone calls that you arent suppose to haha! i love you!!! I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!I LOVE YOU!!
Love your elder
Elder Woodruff

No comments:

Post a Comment