Monday, June 1, 2015

Monday Message: May 25, 2015

Wow it is here!! I dont think that it feels like it should be this late in my mission already! i have been talking to some of the other missionaries and they all ask how it feels i just told them that i hit 18 months so fast but to be honest the last 2 months have been so long and i am exhausted! The area here is good but it is slow and we have been you could say banished from seeing 2 of our member families because the husbands/ boyfriends dont like us and think that we are trying to get their families to leave them! I dont want that to happen and they even have threatened to beat them and us if we go back! I stay far away now but it is just sad that they are like that! 

I have been studying alot in the Scriptures about our hearts and we see a lot of the time that People harden their hearts against the gospel and it causes them to be contentious and angry but All i have been doing is praying for them and hoping that they will have a change of heart and have it softened. What more can we do? The Scriptures have really become my favorite thing to read and to think about. I use to just think that it talked about the old days and that it was good stories to be reading but i have come to see how much it really talks about our day today and the same way people use to act then is how they act now!

 I am now half way about through the bible and hope to have it completed in the coming weeks and it is really interesting to see the stories of paul and how his missionary work was. I hope that we all can learn from him and his diligent efforts!

 

we had a great day on saturday with the baptism of Christopher Takeman. We had a really good turn out with the youth there to support him and he is beginning to gain more and more friends we are working to get him the priesthood this coming sunday and then to help him to learn to pass the sacrament. I am really happy for him and know that he can become a great priesthood holder in the branch! 

Other than that it has been a normal week. We have 4 left in this transfer already and then we will see what happens for the big split coming up! I will probably stay here but who knows i could leave and go somewhere else for my last two we will see haha!  I hope you are safe and happy! I love you so much!

Love

Elder Woodruff

No comments:

Post a Comment